Personalized Features for Retired Life
Our client had many special requests to customize their home. We were glad to fit them into the plans of this beautiful 3000 sq. ft. rancher with a walk out basement. This 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath home has 1538 sq. ft of living place on the main floor and is designed for retired living. They wanted added features to enhance their love of nature, good food, and plenty of rest while still accommodating spaces for the grand kids when they come to visit.
Custom features include:
- Positioned on the lot with generous windows to maximize the mountain views.
- Custom stairs and retaining walls to fit the difficult slope but allow for a love of gardening.
- A well designed kitchen to enjoy cooking.
- Custom gas fireplace with a raised hearth.
- A bright ground level laundry room with custom cabinets.
- Curb-less showers in en suite bathrooms
- A personal wine room, designed to keep their beloved collection cool.
- An extra bedroom turned into a workshop with external mini garage door to park their gator.
- Bonus play room and bedroom for the grand kids.
- Provisions for a backup generator
From the Owner:
“My husband and I contracted with Terry Thiessen of Terry Custom Homes to build our house in the Columbia Valley. Terry gave us invaluable advice on site placement and throughout the construction process he was there to help with decisions we needed to make. He ensured that we were kept abreast of all stages of the work. The house was completed within the time expected and on budget. We were very impressed with the quality of workmanship and attention to detail shown by Terry and his team. We are very pleased with our home and highly recommend Terry Custom Homes. - Lynda and Fred Harris