Protecting Your Investment in Your New Home
A new home is likely the largest investment of your lifetime. If you have purchased a new home built and sold by a Travelers Canada approved builder, you are eligible to protect your investment from defects from the trusted provider in new home warranties in Western Canada.
What’s Covered Under a Home Warranty
2 Year Material & Labour Warranty
- First 12 months – Coverage for any defect in materials and labour
- First 15 months – Coverage for any defects in materials and labour in the common property of a multi-unit building
- First 24 months – Coverage for any defect in materials and labour supplied for the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning delivery and distribution systems. In addition, coverage for any defect in materials and labour supplied for the exterior cladding, caulking, windows and doors that may lead to detachment or material damage to the new home
5 Year Building Envelope Warranty
Coverage for the building envelope for up to five years for defects in the building envelope of a new home, including a defect which permits unintended water penetration such that it causes, or is likely to cause, material damage to the new home.
10 Year Structural Defects Warranty
Coverage for structural defects for up to 10 years for:
- Any defect in materials and labour that results in the failure of a load-bearing part of the new home
- A defect that causes structural damage that materially and adversely affects the use of the new home for residential occupancy